Thursday, July 11, 2013

WRiTE Club 2013!!!


Once again, WRiTE Club is going on over at Cruising Altitude 2.0!

Basically it's a short story contest, with randomly selected entries brawling on Monday and Thursday for your viewing pleasure!

The difference from this year and last is that all entries were filtered through a series of experts who narrowed them down to a mere 32.  This means the contest will be far shorter and the entries you read will have met a certain professional standard.

Feel free to head that way and read some amateur fiction!  If you want to vote, you'll need to sign up first (just look for the sign up link below the other voters).  If not, I'm sure the writers would appreciate whatever constructive criticism you have to offer.  I'm trying hard to curb the snark and keep it as constructive as possible... I may have failed at that last year.

I look forward to seeing you there!

12 comments:

  1. Been having fun with the entries so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun being one of the judges, though it was a pretty hard task! But I'm excited about a lot of the entries this year.
    And, for the record, your critiques last year were amazing. Obviously I couldn't wade through all the comments after I left my own, but I always checked yours because I found they helped me hone my own writing skills--even when they were directed at another's work. I know your insights helped a lot of writers, as long as they were willing to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, me too!

    Faith, I'm actually very glad to hear that. When I revisited some of my comments I cringed occasionally at their directness... But typically my comments were a gut response to the entry. And that's exactly what kind of truth I need for my own work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds exciting! Maybe I should join.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you should absolutely join! At least go have a look!

      Delete
  5. Constructive criticism can only help if those receiving it are willing to listen. I always want people to be hard on me so I can get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, otherwise the criticism comes off as hateful.

      With pain comes growth! ...unless it's the pain of losing a limb in a sword fight. But then a scab grows! Yay

      Delete
  6. I swore I was going to participate, but it was just bad timing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, David! Sounds awesome... Will check out the entries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LisaAnn...
      But as it turns out, I didn't make the cut. :(
      Still voting, though. :)

      Delete