Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 9th - H


From Turesia

[REMOVED]

Game

The Halo series - I swear, the nonconformist in me tried not to talk about this franchise.  I thought about Harvest Moon (which predated Farmville and was very similar, minus online play).  I thought about Heroes of Might and Magic... But it's been too long since I played any of those.  I even thought about Hitman (which just didn't stand out to me).
Ok, the Halo series.  Not since Goldeneye 007 on the N64 had multiplayer been this fun.  Ten years ago, every event you could think of involved dudes bringing their Xbox's to system link and play 4 vs. 4 then 8 vs. 8 and so on... And this was before flat screens were commonplace!  I've played and beaten all the main games (1 through 4) and I couldn't tell you a single thing about the story line... because frankly, who cares?  They're fun to play!  If the story really mattered, they wouldn't be interactive!
Halo features some of the most popular soundtracks in video games.  Every console gamer should recognize THIS song.  The best soundtracks (and this isn't debatable) were the first through the third game, which were fortunate enough to have on board Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori as composers. Four was poopie. Take that to the bank.
My favorite track.  Starting at 1:50, if you aren't consumed by chills, your speakers aren't loud enough.

Music 


Haste the Day - Christian Metal... No this isn't a joke.  It's actually a somewhat popular genre. Destroy the Runner, Demon Hunter, The Chariot, Underoath, Norma Jean, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster all fall somewhere within this genre.
I've seen these guys a couple of times.  The musicians are amazing... But the singer reminds me of Daffy Duck when he's screaming.

Special Mention: Hoobastank, Hootie and the Blowfish, Hinder - Just for gits and shiggles


14 comments:

  1. I like how you're setting up these posts. I've never played Halo, but I'm more of a boardgame person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making Hootie and the Blowfish an honorable mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo! Yes! So much fun, though I suck at it. Love the soundtrack too.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never played Halo, but I've heard and seen so much cool stuff about it that makes me wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. carol, I actually like boardgames as well.

    Tony, I used to love Hootie. My guitarist sometimes plays Darius Rucker songs at acoustic shows.

    Allison, I can't deny how great those games are. I'm ok at them!

    Al, it's never too late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gits and shiggles haha that made me laugh.
    Be honest I'm not a gamer, or a fan of fantasy world stuff, but I had to come back, you're a hoot.
    Listening to the Green Day Track :)

    auntyamo
    http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad to entertain, Amo! Hope to see you back soon.

      Delete
  7. I was listening to Hootie this morning wishing Darius Rucker would STOP singing country and go back to rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WIFE!
      SO good to have you here! I agree about Darius. What's worse is Brandon Duncan singing Darius.

      Delete
    2. Halo for the PC was the first shooter I ever played. Honestly, I sucked, but I kept at it. I will freely admit, I was playing Halo 4 YESTERDAY. Multi-player in all its sticky-grenade glory. I find it a great break from my customer service/account management job.

      Also, I am so down with all those Christian metal bands you mentioned. I don't listen to any of them anymore, but I've seen half of them at Cornerstone! I used explain to people how Christian music had this entire underground movement of punk, hardcore, metal. One guy in my college said, "Christian music, what's that--Kumbaya?" GROAN!

      Delete
    3. Lol, Steph it's barely worth it to try to explain. That's awesome that you've been to Cornerstone. I was looking at their website after posting this and found that the festival is no more! :( sad face.
      I love sticky grenades.

      Delete