Saturday, April 6, 2013

April 6 - F!!




Game
Nintendo 1990

F-Zero (Nintendo, 1990) - One of the first racing games I ever played.  Also one of the first Super Nintendo games I ever played.  This game has aged well and I can still enjoy it to this day, which is odd considering I don't even really like racing games!  It's just a fun game with a good mixture of playability and challenge.  I have the soundtrack and I'm dangerous if it shuffles up while I'm driving.

Special Mentions: Final Fantasy - I'm not their biggest fan, but VI and VII are two of my favorite games and soundtracks of all time.

Music

Faith No More - My sister introduced me to them.  She could play the ending of Epic on the piano... Except when she finished and stood up to walk away, the piano [SPOILER] didn't explode like on the music video.  If I were a fighter in the UFC, this might be the song that would play as I walk out.  As much as I love it, listening to it now, I can tell it came out in 1990. :) 

Special Mentions: Franz Ferdinand - They had a good song!  Foo Fighters - Dave Grohl is an inspiration.  We cover some of their music.

11 comments:

  1. Foo Fighters is one of my favorites, and for games I would have chosen Fallout. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fallout, of course! That deserves at least an honorable mention! Fallout 3 stole much of my life!

      Delete
  2. Franz Ferdinand! One thing I don't really do is map everything out. But I think that's more for fantasy writers than space opera writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic F post! I love Faith No More too. Saw them in concert years ago, and Mike did something very X-rated on stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating! Bloodthirsty is always a good trait for an interesting villain. I remember F-Zero! I'm not big on racing games, either, but there's one for Nintendo GameCube, maybe, that involved crashing. I liked that one a lot. The more spectacular the crash, the higher the points.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony, I've noticed that mapping is more common in fantasy. Except The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie... They're disappointingly void of maps :(

    Christine, that's hilarious! (Unless it was traumatizing!) I'd totally see them live. Still.

    Shannon, I think you're talking about Burnout or Burnout Revenge!! That is THE OTHER racing game I enjoy! Disastrous car crashes = Win. Whoever came up with that idea is brilliant... In a video game of course

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faith No More's last album was their best.
    Probably a good thing your sister's piano didn't explode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I still play that piano sometimes.

      Delete
  7. Epic is a great song! I'm sorry I never got to hear her play that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was good. She'd pick out songs on the piano the way I do on the guitar and bass. I think Evan will be the same way.

      Delete