Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2nd - B


Day 2 of the A to Z Challenge! ... And I'm already changing formats.  I want to talk about more than the ole' manuscript for a month.  That said, I've stolen borrowed an idea from a fellow blogger.
I'm still shouting out to Turesia Split but also I want to give a holler to a retro video game and a artist, composer or song.  Therefore, if you aren't a geek, I still may have nothing for you. :( 

Retro Game:
image from http://lparchive.org

Battletoads (1991 Rare Ltd.)- Sidescrolling action at its finest with a couple of bad-A toad brothers.  This was a frustratingly hard and yet invigorating beat-em-up from my youth.  Plus, in the two player mode, you can beat up your friend.  Always good for a laugh.  Good soundtrack as well.  My friend and I learned the "Surf City" them on our guitars and would rock it out in his basement.

Special mentions: Blaster Master, Breath of Fire

Music:

The Bravery - Honest Mistake (Superdiscount Remix) - I like the original version, too... But this one more.  I first heard this song on the Burnout Revenge (Xbox 360) soundtrack.  I first noticed it when my girlfriend at the time (now wife) was in my dorm room dancing on my couch to it, not expecting me to be back so soon.
She'll love me mentioning this.  :)




C you tomorrow!
(unforgivable joke)

10 comments:

  1. Bounty hunters are always good. Which is funny, because by nature they're always evil...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just learned something new. Thank you for sharing, or should I say education me. Best of luck with the rest of A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, interesting observation. In her case, she's out for the good of her village, but doesn't mind shedding a little blood in the process.
    Murees, you're welcome! Same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I missed Battletoads. Guess I was into Sonic at the time.
    David, did you know you still have word verification on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, as an IT professional, I'd love nothing more than to say, "Yes, of course I knew that! Bahahaha!"

      But, No. I didn't. You're a life saver.

      I'll save up a Sonic shout out for you on the 22nd!

      Delete
  5. I think the battletoads should be bounty hunters, too :-)

    Have fun with A to Z!

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny.
      Now that you mention it, the game really doesn't go into a lot of detail as to the Battletoads' backstory...
      I see an opportunity for fan fiction!!!

      Delete
  6. I'm a geek alright, but in a different way :)
    I have to say I'm amazed how many fantasy/adventure/otherworld writers and fans there are out there. I've been living under 'literary stone' maybe???? :)

    Annmarie
    http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annmarie, it's only the 4th day of the A to Z and already I've met tons of fellow adventure / fantasy fans. Looking forward to the rest of the month!

      Delete