Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 27 - X



Game

There are a butt load of X-Men video games and a few more X games, but none really change my life so we're fly-by'ing again!

Special Mentions: 
X-Men vs. Street Fighter - Awesome arcade game!  You could blast the bejeezus out of your opponent with special moves.
X-Men: Legends - I always wanted to play this one but just never did... It got great reviews.
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse - (for SNES)  An addictive, side scrolling, beat-em-up!
Xenogears: I never actually played this game.  But Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross) composed the soundtrack and it is is superb.  I'm listening to it right now.

Music


X-Ecutioners - This group (originally X-Men until copyright infringements resulted in name change) is made up of several DJ's / turntablists.  I would have never heard of these guys if they hadn't collaborated with members of Linkin Park for this song.

Special Mentions: Xhibit - I'm not a huge rap fan, but I remember Xhibit from that show "Pimp my Ride" ... So yeah, this one's a stretch.

14 comments:

  1. No X is the Balvred alphabet? Hmm... yet, there's one in the name. :)

    Good choice for X, and it' samazing how many words cointain letter x in music, arts, and game.

    Balvred alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, didn't mean to repeat the alphabet line at the end. :)

    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all good, Silvia :)
    It's not one of my favorite letters for sure... Especially when it starts a word!
    It could easily by outsourced by "Z" or "KS"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cool the work you have done on your history and language. Makes me think your stories will have tons of depth.

    Yeah X is a hard one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandon, each of your comments is more flattering than the last!
      I just hope I can turn a phrase as well as world build ... otherwise it is all for naught!

      Delete
  5. X for music is difficult. The only other band I can think of is XYZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before looking at your page, I have a very good guess as to your song today!

      Delete
  6. I don't think I could come up with any X bands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find the words hard to grasp, but they make for world-building, and there was a lot of that today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't exactly have English pronunciations in mind for some of the sounds made by the letters and letter combinations. Especially K, KH and GR. This probably means very little... :)
      The problem with world building is that ideally, 90% of it exists only behind the scenes, and so may never see daylight.

      Delete
  8. I never did play X-men: Legends either, mostly due to the fact that I didn't own a PS2, XBOX or Gamecube (I had already invested in a Dreamcast in its heyday, and wasn't going to purchase another console that generation).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. Dreamcast was the least popular of the competition at the time and it was Sega's last leg as a console developer... But the people who owned one all seemed to love it.

      Delete