Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 17 - O



Game

Oddworld - If you're into satirical, sarcastic, side-scrolling, action, puzzle sci fi games, then these were for you!  I bought a PlayStation for Abe's Odyssey.  When it released, the company had huge promises of a massive franchise within Oddworld... This sort of fell through but the games are still hilarious and addictive!

Special Mentions: Oblivion, Ogre Battle, Out of this World

Music

The Offspring - This was one of my favorite bands when I was younger.  They influenced my guitaring as I was learning.  I still remember a scene from a movie called Idle Hands, where Offspring was playing a show and a severed hand came and pulled Dexter Holland's scalp off... or something like that.

Special Mentions: Our Lady Peace - We cover some of theirs, Ozzy Osborne



16 comments:

  1. I like the Offspring.
    I'm going to have to look for Oddworld. Never played it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddworld was revolutionary for its time. Great setting and action and story.

      Delete
  2. Oasis! Well, I would've mentioned them, anyway.

    I just read a book about a character like Odesta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oasis occurred to me! I don't know why I didn't mention them!

      I'm actually curious about the character you mentioned. I don't want to unintentionally ripoff ideas! Odesta has a long journey ahead of her...

      Delete
    2. It's The Tattered Banner by Duncan Hamilton. It doesn't really matter how similar the stories are, though. It's your story one way or another!

      Delete
    3. I agree... But I'm checking out the Tattered Banner's synopsis just in case!

      Delete
  3. I second what Tony said about Oasis. But I also like Our Lady Peace and The Offsprings of course, so I'm not really complaining. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I knew I should have mentioned Oasis!

      Delete
  4. I don't know much of OLP's music but what I do know, I love. "Naveed" is still one of my fave songs.

    Also a fan of Offspring, but never really got into Oasis. Dude's voice annoys me. My fave O bands are:

    Opeth
    Our Lady Peace
    Ozzy Osbourne

    aaand that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opeth! I've actually seen them live with Between the Buried and Me, Three, and (drum roll) Dream Theater!
      Opeth was OSM!

      Delete
  5. I love Oddworld!!! No one ever seems to have played it but it was fantastic!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I know ONE person who remembers those games... Two, now!

      Delete
    2. haha. Internet high five. I've gotta replay that now...

      Delete
    3. You can get Oddworld for a couple dollars on Steam for PC! I'm totally buying it.

      Delete