Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 11th - J



Game

Jade Empire (2005 Bioware) - I don't remember a whole lot about this game except that it was awesome.  Same developers that brought you Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic.  Shockingly, I don't own this soundtrack.  But I'm about to.
And who can deny that cover art?  Check out the guy!

Special Mentions: Jaws, Joust, Journey

Music

Jimi Hendrix - Of course it's Jimi Hendrix for J day.  I'm a lefty guitarist.  Here's a tune for ya!
Journey - They're a close second on my list.  Here's another tune!  Wait. That's probably not the one you're thinking of...  Try this.

Special Mentions: Jane's addiction, Judas Priest, Joan Jett



12 comments:

  1. Judas Priest would've been my first pick, but then again, I grew up listening to their music.
    Glad you're getting into Ayreon. Check out their album The Human Equation. It's utterly amazing. Arjen tells a story better than any book or movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I not heard of that game? I love Bioware! Probably because I don't own an Xbox.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, I love concept albums. I'm going to give that album a listen.

    Allison, it is an older game... But the way things are going, it might be available for download on a modern system soon. I'd keep an eye open for it. Same decision-tree style choices as the other Bioware games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as music, I'd go with French composer Jean Michel Jarre, son of famous film composer Maurice Jarre. Not really into new age music, but his stuff is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give pretty much anything a try. I'm all about instrumentals these days.

      Delete
  5. I'm not that much into Jimmy Hendrix but that's only because I need the type of music that calms beasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya on that... A good bit of my music is superbly soothing

      Delete
  6. Hello, David! I'm not familiar with that game, but it looks cool!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That game is great! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Get business ready for some FOOΤBALL? Α lot of contracts, esрeciallу гeal estate
    сontracts ωill be as well much comрetitoгs in a bowling alley or a young
    οnes concept restаurant to bе a ѵiciοus pгedator?

    The уakuza's motives rarely are above reproach. Seth Grae And I think those comments are right, Marcus.

    Also visit my homepage ... albuquerque internet marketing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a sweet "w" you got there... How'd you get that sweet "w"?

      Digging your overall theme. LSD, right?

      Delete